Friday, May 20, 2011

The DaVinci Goad

Feeling better.

....

I play guitar. Or rather, I try.
There are times when I can't play songs I know correctly. I can't play songs I've "written". I can't even seem to practice scales, exercises....anything....
And I wonder if Beethoven ever took an axe to his piano, or if DaVinci ever stabbed the canvas with his brush and threw it all across the room in frustration.....or if it's just the curse of Simpleton.

To paraphrase Gump....I am not a smart ma-yun..but I know wut SUCK is.

...

I get the weirdest spam on this blog. There's an old post about when I jacked my knee up, that apparently is hugely popular with Russian folk. Mm...russian spam. I'm sure the can is red with a backwards P or some shit.

Hopefully, Twitter hasn't killed your attention span to the point of not being able to get past the first 150 characters, because there's some awe inspiring, "Thank goodness I got to read this before The Rapture occurred!" type crap I've just written. That is....if you're reading this before Saturday night. If you're reading this after.....well...um....I applaud your ability to get internet service in the Afterlife.

.....good for you.

Peace be with you, not peas.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Hopefully, Twitter hasn't killed your attention span to the point of not being able to get past the first 150 characters, because there's some awe inspiring, "Thank goodness I got to read this before The Rapture occurred!" type crap I've just written."

And yet, a week with no further update. Disappointing.

Mae Whitman in China said...

Hey, I don't know if it's cool to leave this here, but I don't know how else to get in touch. I have been watching Mad Men and I know it's not that zombie show, but I sort of suspect you'll really like it. So if you haven't already given it a chance, get it from Netflix or Blockbuster or whatever. Hope things are good. And write some more. :D

Anonymous said...

It's been a while since your last post. Practicing, perhaps? Guitar is just like everything else, the more you do it, the easier it gets.

Unless you've decided to go ahead and kill yourself, in that case don't do it. At least until you've arranged to pay for your own funeral and dig your own hole.
Which, still, don't. It gets better than you could imagine and it's well worth the wait.

Anonymous said...

It's been a while since your last post. Practicing, perhaps? Guitar is just like everything else, the more you do it, the easier it gets.

Unless you've decided to go ahead and kill yourself, in that case don't do it. At least until you've arranged to pay for your own funeral and dig your own hole.
Which, still, don't. It gets better than you could imagine and it's well worth the wait.

KOM said...

You've got an awful lot of "anonymous" commenters around these here parts.

Speaking of which, ya want some viag-contin?

In all seriousness, I don't check around my old digs too often anymore. Laziness on my part, and devotion to other websites. That said, I hope you're doing okay. There are more people than myself thinking back from time to time.

Take care of yourself.