Thursday, February 07, 2008

Conspiracy theory

So.....how are you?

Gooooooood.

The other day I went out and gots myself a new high techy thinga-majig to replace my old cellphone which died during the worst weekend ever in recorded "Jerk" history. Said gizmo allows me to get online from anywhere in the world(!), well anywhere in my town anyway.
Now, over the course of the past 3 years blogging has gone from something I did a lot of and really, really enjoyed to more of a "Meh, whatever...." thing. Sometimes I'd think of something I wanted to post about, but I wouldn't be anywhere near a computer, and by the time I did....poof, what ever it was had drifted off into the Ether.
SO.....I have this gizmo and I think of something I want to blog about. I decide that I'm going to blog on Wordpress because Blogger has been annoying me lately and does my gizmo let me? No. It takes for ever to get in and then it locks up on me. Ok, no biggie, I'll just blog on MySpace like I said I was gonna do anyway,right? Does gizmo let me blog there? Yes, and no. It has issues, and this seems odd since my gizmo manual even mentions that it has special myspace crapola or something. I'm starting to get pissed (angry, not drunk) when this little irritated voice in my head says "Watch, I bet this fucker works on Blogger".

.......

Lo and behold. Here we are again.

Again.

Everytime I think I'm out, it pulls me back in. I'm not sure if this really will get me into blogging again and more often, but we'll give it a shot. Me and the irritated voice that is.

Peace,
Jerk

10 comments:

a girl said...

Three things:

1. Yay! You are back!
2. You typed all this on a cell phone? Geez, you are good.
3. Yay! You are back!

Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

Yay.

It has a keyboard. If I had to just type on a standard phone this post would've read...

Fuck! Stupid internetz gizmo!1

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!

Kay said...

Awe, welcome back sunshine.
So did you get the Ishaft? Is that your pretty new toy?

Shadows and Starlight said...

Ah, the Jerk returns... All hail the Jerk!!!

Good to see you, buddy. Hey, at least your phone can do this much. Mine is supposed to have a browser (and everytime I've tried it... Not so much!).

We need to get together sometime for beers or something.

Oh and the man we called 'Tempter of Fate' is back in Denver, if you didn't know. Just thought I'd mention that.

~**Dawn**~ said...

Hey! Glad you're back. I was just getting to know your blog when you stepped away.

Tempter Of Fate said...

Hey there, Jerky. Welcome home. Thank you for not making me join MySpace...

So are you one of us now? Did you get yourself a brand new shiny Ocean? Or have you been assimilated by the Borg and now carry a Crackberry? If it's the former, welcome aboard the Helio train. Me and the wife think it's pretty cool. Is the Ocean way cool? We've got the Fin and it's pretty slick and all, but I really want an Ocean.

Anywhosiwhatzit -- welcome home, your wry sense of humor has been sorely missed.

Rockstar Mom said...

It's a sign. Don't mess with the unseen forces. They will jack you up.

Anonymous said...

Me be back too ... sorta, so it is nice to know that one of my regular reads is back too, sorta. :)

SDW said...

Dude. Excellent. The plan worked to perfection.

Nice work, helper monkeys.