Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My biggest fan

One time I wasn't paying attention to where I was standing and I was trying to describe some stupid thing and I stuck my hands up in the air......right into the ceiling fan. Luckily(?), I was just at the edge of the blades so one smacked my hand and kinda sliced my palm open a bit with it's little seam type thing on the edge of the blade, and the blades smacked the fingers of my left hand, bending them back and bruising the phuc out of the side of my ring finger. Thankfully(?), my left hand slowed the blades down. If it'd been on high, I think I would've broken a finger or four.

Pay attention kids.

9 comments:

Susan said...

That's something that would NEVER happen to me.

Crystal said...

that would totally happen to me.

phoenix said...

Been there, done that (without the cuts)... but I did manage to jam my pinky. Hurt like hell!

Lushy said...

I once dated a guy who tried to impress me by attempting to stop a ceiling fan with his tongue while he was drunk. While the amount of blood was impressive, the stunt itself was not.

Jen said...

fans are dangerous
I'm glad I'm 5'1
I'd have to run and jump
to do that..

Kara0303 said...

Heh, heh, you dork...

KOM said...

Time for a May entry.

Ev said...

last night, i jumped on the part of the couch that reclines. unfortunately, i neglected to shut it all the way when i was on it before. so i jumped on it and it slid down and i hit my chin on the bar. ouch.

cube said...

My father never tired of telling us to watch out for the fan. Too bad you never met him.