Saturday, May 05, 2007

Happy Not Celebrated in Mexico/Nobody likes The French Day!

You gotta admit "Cinco de Mayo" is a lot easier to say than Diez y Seis de Septiembre (Desi Arnaz did wha?!?), which is the REAL Mexican Independence day.

I think Cinco de Mayo is only celebrated by my Mexi-merican peeps because nobody likes the French. See, on this day Mexico defeated the stinky French by throwing buckets of soapy water on them("I'm melting....I'm meltiiiiing.."), and there was much rejoicing (Yaaaaaay.).

I like Cinco de Mayo better than Sept 16th because it's less confusing for me. My Dads family is half Spanish, half Mexican. Sept 16th means I have to celebrate one part of me kicking the other parts ass.
PLUS, nobody cruises up & down the Blvd in a sweet Lowrider in Sept. It's simply not done.

So, Happy Cinco de Mayo everyone. Drink responsibly, and if you can, to truly enjoy this festive occasion, kick a french person in the shin.

Viva La Raza and all that.
(Chin nod thing)
Simone

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Yes well, My Paternal Great Grandmother was French, as in from France. MY Paternal Great Grandfather was Mescalero Apache, as in from the reservation. He was a drunk and left the res and went to Mexico where he met my Great Grand mother and lived until the immigrated back into the US via Mexico....soooo

I get to enjoy this dumb holiday by weeping my my Grandmothers people being beat up by the peeps she hung with while doing a drunk Indian who said, ahhh, let's get the fuck out of here and become Americans. The end.