Thursday, April 12, 2007

Vonnegut has died.

Truthfully, I have only read Cat's Cradle and it didn't quite click. I don't think I was in the right "place" to fully get into it. I did/do however respect the man and his writing. I've read many quotes over the years and always meant to read more of his stuff. I think, that if I had known him, I would have liked him and, if I may be so bold, he me, if not my horrible use (or disregard) of grammar and punctuation, but who knows.....

One of MY favorite things involving Mr. Vonnegut was his appearance in the Rodney Dangerfield movie Back to School where he writes an essay about himself that Dangerfield
paid him for, and he winds up getting an F on it because "whomever
wrote this obviously knew absolutely nothing about Vonnegut!" or some such thing.

Kurt, I hardly knew ye.

Rest in peace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jerky! I almost wrote about this today, but now I don't have to because you already did. Good show!

KOM said...

Pooteetweet.