Sunday, August 05, 2007

Sundays child is full of.....Football?

Well, it's sunday and there's football on today, but I'm too po' to afford cable so I wont be able to watch it. Saints v. Steelers. I'm picking the Saints. Go Special Teams guys trying to make the squad and live your dream of playing in the NFL! You're no dummies. The guys warming the bench make more money in a season than I'll see in ten years working at Amalgamated Shmuck (Where we leave out the first c and pass the savings on to YOU!).

Photogirl ax-ed me if my GF knows about the lusted after girl and the achey/dreamy/never be with girl.

She knows about tons of lusty ones. Do I really need to mention my Jessica Alba problem? As for the Canada girl....
The GF asked me once if I ever loved anyone. I said that I have learned there's a big difference between loving someone and being IN LOVE with someone.
GF: "Well have you ever been IN LOVE with someone?"
Jerk: "Yes. Once."
GF: "And...."
Jerk: "and....nothing. Nothing came of it."
GF:"....IN LOVE hurts doesn't it?"
Jerk: "Yes."

That was the end of it. She hasn't mentioned it again. From the look on her face I could see that she understood. I didn't ask her about her IN LOVE, she hasn't asked about mine.

Football starting means one thing.....

Hockey's coming.

I bought new strings for my guitars. I hate changing strings. It's a boring process and then you can't start playing right away because you have to wait for the strings to stretch/relax, and even after that, new strings have that crappy new string sound for awhile. I bought a single locking tremolo and replaced a piece of shit bridge the asshat I bought a used guitar from tried to "fix". I'm digging the single WAY more than the annoying double locking trem I have on my Ibanez. Changing strings on THAT guitar makes me want to go out in the back parking lot and "HULK SMASH!! GGGLLLEEAAARGH!!! GRRRRAAAAAARR!" the guitar into teeny, tiny bits.

Sorry, that was boring guitar talk that only Jimbo got, if he even reads this blog anymore.

My goal to be the only person in North America who does not own or wear Crocs is going quite well.

Anybody remember Space Food Sticks? I scored a box of 'em on eBay. New ones that some company is making, not a box of old ones from the 70's/80's. Ack. They only make the chocolate, not the choco/mint or the peanut butter ones though.

I like those pink wintergreen mints. They're tough to find. Oh well....

Another post in the record books!

See ya 'round, clown.

3 comments:

Bobo the Wandering Pallbearer said...

Um . . Yeah, I been around. Been lurkin'.

I, on the other hand, love changing strings. Which makes me a stone cold weirdo amongst guitarists. (And also, I guess you have to at least not hate changing strings to play 12 string, otherwise you'd be miserable.) And I have found that tuning & playing new strings a bit now and then after re-stringing, say four to eigh minutes at a time, helps the strings stretch and reach the point where they'll stray in tune reliably.

Tempter Of Fate said...

Good to know I'm not the only person avoiding Crocs like they're the cause of lepersy.

I am also working very hard to be the last person on the planet to get a MySpace page. I just absolutely refuse to join that craze.

Rockstar Mom said...

Hey Jerk! Haven't been around to visit in quite a while. I do intend, however, to give you a run for your money on that croc's thing.

Ugliest footwear ever....period.