Wednesday, February 14, 2007

1

Today is the most alone I have ever felt and it has nothing to do with the holiday.
No more color

I'm not so much bummed, just...alone.

I mean, I got up.
Alone.
Drove to work.
Alone.
Got here and my coworkers out so...
Alone.
My boss comes in for a minute to tell me he's splitting.
Alone.

If my buddy Reggie hadn't talked to me a bit I think I might have lost my mind. OK, lost MORE of it.

Now I'm gonna go home.
Alone.
Eat lunch.
Alone.
Take a nap.
Alone.
Get up and eat.
Alone.
Read or watch TV.
Alone.
Then go to bed.
Alone.

It's not so much a feeling of sadness because I don't have a girl to hug n' kiss on, it's just I usually see, talk to, get emails from, have some kind of contact with a ton of people, but lately it's been dwindling, and today......

I can't believe that there are people who do this everyday. There's this little old man who works in my building during the night shift. His shift ends a little after mine starts. He never talks to you even if you try. It's like he doesn't even see you. You know how some homeless people shuffle around with that far away/blank stare. Like all the years of people ignoring them has made even them wonder if they truly exist or if maybe they really ARE invisible. My day's been kind of like that. People wakling BY or THROUGH my office, but not even noticing that I'm here. It's an odd feeling. Even people who normally might at least do BS small talk have just gone by. Maybe it's the day. Maybe it has everybody messed up.

All the lonely people....
Where DO they all belong?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm out here...you're not totally alone Jerk.

Anonymous said...

I'm never alone. Along with me, there's myself and I.

And you think I'm joking.

Lushy said...

I'm always alone. Good thing I like me.

Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

It was a weird day. I even went into the mensroom and looked in the mirror to see if I was invisible.

At one point I sang "Allll by mysel-el-elff...don't wanna be...all by MYyyyy-self!!!".

I sang it LOUD.

Nobody noticed....

Anonymous said...

Okay...so I got the message late. You should have said something earlier...I'd have stopped and BS'd instead of sticking out my tounge and going back to my office. This day bites even when you have someone...

Squishi said...

How did you know what is going through my brain?

Holy.

I try to keep myself busy to keep the lonliness away, and I've finally found myself a friend in this horrible town, but that's still in the early stages.

You can only window shop alone for so many years. *sigh*