Thursday, February 08, 2007

"Looks like Edie Sedgwick fell asleep again"*

Factory Girl
edie

I have to admit that I will go see "Factory Girl". Yes, I think Sienna Miller is shag worthy, but that's not why I'll go see it.
I have a strange attraction to Warhol related things. Not so much his art, and definitely not the man himself, but I've always found it kind of interesting to peep into his world. The man was an emotional vacuum. I don't mean that he didn't have any feelings or emotions, I mean he had a tendency to suck all the energy out of those around him. He'd chew you up,use you all up,spit you out and leave you a broken, fucked up individual trying to cope with the "normal" world where you AREN'T the center of the universe. Warhol just seemed to randomly pick his "Muse" or next project and he'd build it up to "superstar" (he's credited with "creating" the term. Lucky us.) proportions in his little art fag artsy fartsy world and when he grew bored or something else struck him, (like painting the same thing 4 times but switching the colors up like he accidentally kicked his paint-by-numbers set across the floor when he went to clean his brushes) he simply throw who or whatever away.
edie and andy
It always seemed to me like he knew just who to, for lack of a better word, control. He had a great ability to sense who needed attention, who craved love. Warhol was a "needy" detector. He probably came up with the term "Attention whore" too, or at least should have. That was his whole world, non-stop, 24-7...attention whoreville. I don't really want to go on and on about Warhol, even though I could (he was a fucking leech). This is about Edie, poor, poor Edie. She was a sad little girl who just wanted to be loved (don't we all?) and unfortunately fell in love with a man who could/would give you everything BUT love. Money, fame, drugs, attention, sex..you name it, Edie had it or could easily get it simply because she was Warhol's girl. She, like the current young Hollywood, had everything our society THINKS you need to be happy. If you're curious, go see this movie about our poor Edie or maybe just poke around Wikipedia or Google. Normally I don't go see movies or watch TV shows that I know will make me sad, but I'll go for Edie.

Poor, sweet Edie.

*MST3K joke

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Andy would have Loved Lindsey Lohan.