Sunday, February 11, 2007

SO having a blog makes me less of a Caveman?

I rented the movie Idoicracy last night. It wasn't very funny. It was actually quite scary. That is EXACTLY where I see the United States headed. Don't get me wrong, I laughed at a couple parts. It's just that the satire is PEFECTLY executed to the point of possibly causing nightmares. You'll WANT to laugh. You'll get the joke. You just won't be laughing. It's not funny. It's a possible future, and it's not a good one. Only watch this flick if you're into satire. If you're looking for a pseudo-sequel to Office Space or something along the lines of Super Troopers/Beerfest/Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle this is NOT the movie for you. If you got the subtext of Soylent Green, A Clockwork Orange and Catch-22 or even if you just know what the words "Satire" and "Subtext" mean, you might want to check it out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not sure where to post this but I wanted to ask if anyone has heard of National Clicks?

Can someone help me find it?

Overheard some co-workers talking about it all week but didn't have time to ask so I thought I would post it here to see if someone could help me out.

Seems to be getting alot of buzz right now.

Thanks