Saturday, January 06, 2007

Bad news

My grandparents have been married for 64yrs. When I was doing all my talking about love, and that I don't know any "happy" couples that truly love each other, I forgot to look clsoe to home. A couple yrears ago my Gram had a heart attack. We almost lost her (I guess we DID for a few seconds). You guys....if you could have just seen the effect it had on my Gramp. My mom talks about him sitting with Gram, holding her hand and stroking it, gently stroking her forearm and whispering "You gotta come back to me...you can't go....you need to come back to me sweetheart...". Mom doesn't think he knew anyone else was in the room. Gramps is an old school, don't show your emotions cuz you're a man, kinda guy.

Anyway....

Gram apparently had more heart trouble last night, and is in the hospital. I think the thing that worries me most, the thing that bothers me is that i know, I just KNOW, that if my grandmother dies first.....when my gramdma dies, it'll kill my grandfather.

It will.

My grandfather will die, and he'll die from what you only think exists in movies or bad romance novels....

My Grandfather will die of loneliness and a broken heart.

UPDATE: (isn't it stupid when people type the word UPDATE? Like this is a friggin news break or Unsolved Mysteries shit.)
Apparently Gram is ok. She had an elevated red blood cell count. They aren't sure waht caused it. They're keeping her overnight.

6 comments:

Robin Alexa said...

Oh I hope your grandmother pulls through again!

Hugs.

Anonymous said...

I'll keep your grandparents, you and your mom in my prayers.

Phil said...

Aw, top tuneage: Bela Lugosi's Dead what a track. I can even play it on the guitar! :]

Anonymous said...

Sending your Gramps (and Gram) some strong supportive mojo--oh, and you and your mom, too. Hugs.
Jensy

Me Myself and I said...

I'm glad for the 'good news update.' And you're right, ppl DO in fact die of lonliness and broken hearts. Sad, but true.

Tempter Of Fate said...

Good to hear your Gram pulled through okay.

We lost Grandpa a number of years ago and Grandma was never quite the same. We lost Grandma on Friday (9 Jan). One minute she was there and the next she wasn't. Although Grandma will be sorely missed, we all take comfort in the fact that she is back with her loving husband of more than 50 years and her siblings who she dearly missed.

You know the scene in space movies where the astronaut is cut loose from his tether and just kind of floats off into space? Yeah, that's kind of how it feels right now.

I don't really know why I tell you this, except maybe to say I understand.