Thursday, January 04, 2007

My kind of town.....

Hey, anybody who reads this live in Chicago?
I've always wanted to visit the city with big shoulders.
Um....that's Chi-town right? The shoulders thing?
I blame Adventures in Babysitting and all of those Hughes films for getting Chicago stuck in my head.
I wanna go somewhere I aint never been sometime this year.
If you've been, tell me some stuff to check out if I do go.
It might be cool to see a Sox game. Yeah, Wrigley is historic and crap, but it's overdone, and 'sides it won't be the same without Ferris and Cameron.
What's the famous pizza joint there?
Uno?
Yeah, Uno would be cool to eat at. Unless it actually sucks. See! This is why I need a Chicago expert's help. Cuz, if I don't get any Chicago help I'm just gonna go to Vegas in Sept or sumthin and they only have a scaled down New York, Paris and Venice.

....and Egypt.

They even have a scaled down Vegas when you think about it. That's what "old Vegas is. Freemont street and that crap.

Annyhoo....
Chicago.
Discuss.

3 comments:

Jerrster said...

I love Chicago. If I could afford it I'd live there..because I'd want to live right downtown, within walking distance of a corner bar.

Robin Alexa said...

Oprah?

Anonymous said...

my sister-in-law lives in chicago, so eric and i drive up from indianapolis to see her and her husband several times a year. i can give you a few pointers from a frequent visitor's point of view on some things to see and things to avoid:

1) pizzeria uno is the famous pizza place and it really isn't all that it's cracked up to be. it was ok at best and the time we ate there we ended up waiting nearly 2 hours to be seated. consider yourself warned.

2) only check out the sears tower during non-peak hours (i'd recommend looking at their website for more info). if you go any other time be prepared to enjoy standing in very long lines for hours with tourists from around the world playing "what's that smell?" and masses of screaming elementary school children on field trips.

3) definately go to the navy pier, the aquarium, and the museums that are there near the pier. their all within walking distance of eachother and they're really cool.

4) check out the magnificent mile. you don't have to do any shopping - unless you feel like dropping the cash - but we always like people watching and the drive itself is neat. you can go up in the john hancock building and that's pretty cool too - there's an observation deck were you can get a different view of downtown.

chicago's an awesome city. there's ton's to do there. i know i'm missing stuff. hell, i'm only listing things downtown ...