Monday, January 15, 2007

J*E*R*K

any of you watch M*A*S*H?
Did you ever see the episode where they showed what everybody was dreaming one night when they were just overflowing with wounded?
I can't recall who's dream it was, Pierce or Winchester, but one of them keeps trying to do tricks and/or tell jokes while these guys are dying on the operating tables. People are dying all around him and all he can do is keep trying to do tricks to make them feel batter and it's not working and he's crying but keeps on doing it because it's all he CAN do until he wakes up?

That's how I feel right now.

Someone I care VERY deeply about is going through a really tough time and I feel just so fucking useless.
Helpless.
What use is being the funny guy when shit isn't funny?
When you can't make people feel better with the only thing you're kind of good at....making them feel better....

Fuck.

I feel useless.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I remember that episode. I think is was Hawkeye's dream.

I hope things get better with your friend.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment, Jerky. I hope things get better for your friend too...and you. You seem so down lately...AND! You don't write crap.

That's all.