Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Color me.....Plaid?

prism Recently, as I'm sure you've noticed, I've been seeing things differently than I did. It's almost comical. It's like all this time someone gave me a prism and I've just been holding it up to my eye and looking through it end to end like a telescope and then BITCHING that I'm not seeing all the coloUrs. Everyday, holding it up to my eye and looking through it....and then one day,for no apparent reason, I tilt it and just let the light shine through to reveal what's been there this whole damn time.

So I'm slapping my hand to my forehead "DUH! Geebus, stupid! You been doin it wrong. Sigh....what a dork."
LOL
It's like screaming "Help! I'm trapped in ny car!! I can't get out!! It's tryin to EAT ME!!!' And then noticing that you forgot to undo your seatbelt.
"Cripes...man, I hope nobody actually heard me. How embarrassing."

I'm seeing things clearer (ish).
I'm seeing things as they really are (for me anyway).
I'm starting to look at EVERYTHING from a different angle and more often than not, I see that the answer has been there the whole time but none of us has been looking from the correct angle.

It's like how scientists aren't really trying to make things invisible, as in you see through it, but they're looking at bending light, and therefore all coloUr AROUND something. If light isn't hitting it, isn't "bouncing" off of something, then you can't see it even though it is there.

Well THAT'S how things are in all of our lives. It's not that the answer you're looking for isn't there, it's that you aren't seeing it from the correct angle or in the right light.

Some things are easier said than done, and some things are easier DONE than said.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, but if you keep doing and saying them they get easier!

Anonymous said...

Woo! You're all back in black now!

And it's so nice to read your blog and know that you're feeling so much better about things in general. Or you seem to be. Oh hush, I'm happy for you, that's all I'm trying to say.

Anonymous said...

ditto. :)