Wednesday, December 20, 2006

No Exit

Anybody read or seen (great grammar) "No Exit"?

I'd always heard the line "Hell is other people", and thought it was funny, but after reading it I see that it's NOT funny it's ironic.

Hell..is ourselves.

That is to say, we make our OWN Hell.

Which means....we can make our own Heaven.

Cool.

So far, Sartre and Nietzsche (I read him YEARS ago and he made me think Existentialism sucked) are grumpy/sad/boring guys in comparison to my buddy Kierky.
Kierky rocks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

make our own heaven, manifest our dreams, achieve anything we want. ain't it cool?

KOM said...

Nietszche, sad?

I don't have the time to find quotes, but let's dance! He's the slightly less gay version of the Bowie/Jagger diddie!

Jesus, how many philosophy majors are turning in their graves about that one?

I am sucked into the existential vortex because I refuse to believe in any objective reality. Still, the hounds are growling in the basement, and the bills gots to be paid.