Monday, December 04, 2006

Music Helps SO Much

Anyone that read the old blog will know that even though a majority of my music listening time is spent on hard rock and metal, that I have eclectic taste (Yes, I know everybody SAYS that, but I mean it).
For instance, I have a soft (sick?) spot in my heart for those smooooth sounds of the 70's love songs. In fact, I like them SO much that I wish I had written half or them. Yes, I play the guitar and I write some stuff, but all my inner madness comes out as a Black Sabbath/Megadeth/Kyuss/Scott Joplin (kidding) kind of thing. No love songs. I've tried. Chicks dig the lovey tunes.....the power ballad and such, but yeah.....it's not in here.
Now, I can write you a story, or a sonnett type thing that can make your heart ache and/or your panties wet, but I just can't put it to music. Well, I just heard one that is one of my faves, I just hadn't heard it for awhile. It kind of helped snap me out of the "letting go" funk.
Would it be too sappy to wish that this was "our song"?
Yes?
GOOD!
SAP AWAY BABY, cuz I want it to be k?!
The positive/hopeful part of me wants it to be, so there!
:P


Ladies and Gents I give you (Oh how my pal Lushy is gonna LOVE this choice!).....

REMINISCING
By Little River Band

Friday night it was late, I was walking you home,
we got down to the gate, and I was dreaming of the night.
Would it turn out right?
How to tell you girl...
I want to build my world around you.
Tell you that it's true
I wanna make you understand I'm talking about a lifetime plan.

Well that's the way it began, we were hand-in-hand
Glen Miller's band was better than before.
We yelled and screamed for more
And the Porter tune (Night & Day) made us dance across the room....
It ended all too soon
On the way back home I promised you'd never be alone

CHORUS
Hurry, don't be late
I can hardly wait
I said to myself when we're old...
We'll go dancing in the dark, walking through the park
and reminiscing.

Friday night it was late, I was walking you home,
we got down to the gate, and I was dreaming of the night.
Would it turn out right?
Now as the years roll on....
each time we hear our favourite song
The memories come along
Older times we're missing, spending the hours reminiscing

Hurry, don't be late
I can hardly wait
I said to myself when we're old...
We'll go dancing in the dark, walking through the park
and reminiscing.



Ahem.....by the way, I would like to mention that she & I already have a "song" but Sheri Moon by The Bronx Casket Co. has a COMPLETELY different effect.

;)

8 comments:

phoenix said...

wow, didn't know you had it in you J lol!

You know those sappy songs will just make you sad... stick with that hard rock, head banging stuff... nope scratch that! I don't know of any songs that aren't relationship related... unless its John Denver LOL!!

;-) hehehe

Anonymous said...

You're fully of sweet mushiness, J. And may I say, for the record: I KNEW IT ALL ALONG.

Whatever you do, don't listen to country today, it will make you cry.

Lushy said...

This is one of the best songs, ever.

:-)

Anonymous said...

I wasn't going to say this, but I've decided I'm not ashamed.

I owned that album. When it was vinyl.

Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

Phoenix: This isn't a sad song, it's a happy song.

JeopG: I dont listen to country.

Lushy: Yes, yes it is.

Diddle: That's nuthin.....I own the 45.

*** said...

Great, I'll have this song in my head all day!

Anonymous said...

that's an awesome song! it is possibly the best of the era, with maybe the exception of 'love in my chevy van' and i applaud your taste!

and keep letting the hopeful side of j lead. that's the way to joy. :)

The Absent Minded Landlord said...

Good stuff, nothing like a song to sum up the deap down.