Monday, December 04, 2006

Music music...I hear music...music over my head.

I have a problem.

I love music.

I LOVE music.

I don't throw that word around real easy. I know tons of people who say "I love sausage" or "I love these shoes" or maybe "I love Katie Courics ankles"..
LOVE is used a lot and it makes it less than it should be.

I love music.

I want to kiss it and hug it and have it's babies.

That's not the problem.

I want to buy a new MP3 player.
I already OWN a 2gb Nano aaaaaaaaaand a old 20GB iPod.
Do you know how much friggin music that is?
I want more.
I want to be able to carry around more that is. If I could have separate iPods for different styles I would, which, I think, defeats the whole purpose of having an MP3 player with a ton of space on it. As cool as iPods are, they have some problems. You probably already know these, but just in case you're one of those nerd people who dooesn't know tech stuff (funny how nerd means something different nowadays hey?) here we go...

1) You can't take music OFF of it. Nope. I mean, you can DELETE music off of it, but if say...your computer crashes (which mine did) and you had a bunch of cool music that you compiled from waaaaay back when you could temporarily, kinda, sorta legally download music with WinMX, and when you get a NEW computer and load up the iTunes program, you find out that you have to REformat your "pod" (which deletes all of you music) and that even though the program SEES that you have music on it, you cannot click and drag it OFF of your iPOd and into your library. That's right, with an iPod, music goes one way baby. No trading it back in forth with your puter OR with a pal. You can't take you iPod and hook it up to your friends puter and try to give them tunes. Nope. It sucks. I found out too late that you can download a program call EphPOD that "tricks" your computer into thinking you're just moving music around on your iPod not onto your puter.

2) You can't just put a song on it. It won't play MP3 files. Your iPod needs you to convert it into some weird ID4 or something using the iTunes program. If you have music on your puter already or a pal has a cool song for ya, you have to slip it through iTunes FIRST or it no worky.

3) If the battery dies, you need to send it into Apple or some other joint to get a new one.

4)There is no Karaoke mode with built in microphone. What? Don't look at me like that. Just sayin.

5) There is no kickass, royal blue "Jerk Of All Trades" edition 6.3GB Nano.

SO, I'm thinking that if I get another one, which I won't cuz I'm saving up dough, but if I do, and im thinking that if YOU do, we should score the Zen Creative stuff. They make small, cool MP3 players that, get THIS, actually PLAY MP3 files. Your buddy just scored the Best Of Neil Sedaka (Oooooo I hear laughter in the rain...walkin hand n hand with the one I love..), but he only has it on his work puter not the cd with him? No prob. Hook up your player and POW, you got it. You've been jamming Joan Jett's "Do you wanna touch me" & "Cherry Bomb" by The Runaways all day and getting them stuck in someones head? Plug in your MP3 and just click/drag them onto their computers so they can wear them out too!

You can't just do that with an iPod.

I spend $100 buck a month MANDATORY on music and there is no room in my car or desk at work for all of that tunage. I thank you MP3 player inventing guy. You, quite literally, ROCK!.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

jerk, were you separated from my husband at birth?

Anonymous said...

I love music too. I mean, I LUST music actually.

And my mp3-player only has 256Mb so quit the whining! lol.

Crystal said...

I love it too. I always want to share it with people who don't love it as much as I do so they talk through the song and boy, that really gets my goat.

Anonymous said...

Hey you can get your music off ipods, just share it like a hard drive (in the settings somewhere) and search thru the folders for the music. The bastards rename the files from "Jerksingstheblues.mp3" to "HAXY.mp3", but you can convert it back with Music Monkey or something.

I'm a nerd, aren't I? A nerd with a 40gb iPod, 11gb music and nothing to listen to.

Hrm.