Friday, December 08, 2006

The question or the answer?

I just woke from a dream. Odd working hours allow that I sometimes nap after work.

Things that stuck out:

"What's more important? The question...or the answer?"

"It cannot end in a definitive. The sentence CANNOT end in a definitive."

And Whisper To A Scream (Birds fly?) by Icicle Works played over and over and over throughout. The lyrics were much louder than the music and very clear.

Love comes, down upon us
till you flow like water
Burning, with the hope of insight
Feathered, look they're covered
with a bright elation
Stolen, in the sight of love
We are, we are,
we are but your children,
Finding our way around indecision,
We are, we are
we are ever helpless
Take us forever,
A whisper to a scream
Birds fly, in the eye
of the faithless daughter
Broken, at the bitter end
Wasted, sacrificed for a new Nirvana
Night time, sends us on our way
A whisper to a scream


..and I was walking, always walking..
Walking and talking to different people. Only one at a time, but several people, real and dreamfolk, came and went, but always someone was talking to me as I walked.

We only breifly stopped to get mexican food at a really weird type of Automat.

I feels like it meant something.
That I was supposed to get something from it.

I have NO idea what the hell I was trying to tell myself.
I've NEVER understood what this friggin song was/is about, and I don't get the "question/answer"/"Can't end in a definitive" stuff.

Help?

It IS Christmas time, perhaps it was just an "undigested bit of beef, a blot of mustard, a crumb of cheese..." Dickensian crap. (It's from A Christmas Carol dude...sheesh.)

3 comments:

Fig said...

It obviously means you should refrain from speaking to people at Mexican restaurants or you're sure to catch the bird flu.

or not?

Wendy said...

the only part I understood was the last paragraph. I don't know what that song means, it makes no sense to me. I am going to read and reread it until I know.

Wendy said...

I just read my link that you linked...what do you mean? (I think I am extra dumb today)