Thursday, December 21, 2006

Solar

Thousands upon thousands of stars shine in the night, none are as bright as you.
They dance about the sky in complex patterns of clearly drawn or vaguely hinted at beauty.....none are as bright as you.
They burn with fires that light the way to worlds only dreamed of....none are as bright as you.
Numbering millions they twinkle from every direction both night and day, but even with all their glory and raging power combined....none are as bright as you.
With eyes closed, I turn my face towards you.....your warmth caressing me and filling me with hope.
For a moment you feel as if I could reach out and touch you, soft and golden, reach out and barely brush you with my fingertips......and I smile.
For a moment I dream that I am up there, floating with you, embracing you and adding to your light....looking down and shaking our heads at all the sad and lonely people who do not need to be cowering in the cold of self made shadows.....and then I open my eyes and I am brought back to reality.
You are far away, so very far away and I am like Icarus with broken wings.
Tomorrow you will return, warm me again, and who knows what else the new day will bring?

Thousands upon thousands of stars shine in the night, none are as bright as you.

3 comments:

Robin Alexa said...

Thanks.

Anonymous said...

i miss the sun too. you've said it far more elegantly than i ever would have but, yeah, winter blows ...

KOM said...

Now is the winter of J's discontent.